Our Commitment to the Environment
At WineStuff, we are operating in ways that are more sensitive to the environment, from reducing energy use to recycling more of the waste generated by our operations. In doing so, we pledge to reduce our impact on the environment and join our customers in taking a turn for the better.
WHAT WE ARE DOING
Packed to Protect
In 2009, WineStuff stopped using foam packing peanuts for packing material in shipments. Orders placed from January 1 – November will be packed using recycled shredded paper that was previous printed on. November 1 – December 30 we use biodegradable, 100% recycled polystyrene packing peanuts. These peanuts:
- Decompose safely and completely in 9 to 60 months in the presence of micro-organisms.
- Are produced with less energy and emits fewer greenhouse gases.
- Are reusable and recyclable.
We know there are only a limited number of natural resources available and when they’re gone, they’re gone. That’s why we’re committed to conserving energy and water and making sure we don’t create more waste than we have to. There are lots of little things— and some big ones — we do every day to make sure we’re doing our part for the environment.
Specifically we will:
- Reduce our total use of energy by another 10-15% by 2012
- Reduce the amount of paper we use by at least 25%
- Reduce the amount of water we use by at least 25%
- Increase the percentage of recycled materials
Our commitment to the environment is not only at the corporate level. Our employees have take initiative and implemented the following initiatives:
- Eliminate Vending Machine Waste
- Cut Down on Office Transportation
- Monitoring Lighting Usage
- Make the Most of Office Equipment
- Monitor Paper Usage
- Monitoring Office Temperature
- Properly recycling office equipment